Get ready to Bring It! and get in the best shape of your life!
If you’ve ever started a workout program…P90X, CrossFit, a local boot camp (or ANY home, gym or outdoor/athletic workout routine)…tried and quit at week 3 or 7 or whatever, or even if you workout LIKE CRAZY but are just not seeing results, there is absolutely NO BETTER WAY than doing it with a Team Triumph Coach guiding and motivating you along the way…and having a PLAN.
My experience as a P90X Certified Trainer and Diamond Team Beachbody Coach has been that unless you’re totally self-motivated and have read a ton of stuff about nutrition (and follow it), there really is no better way to do get in shape than by joining a Team Triumph Challenge Group. Support is crucial, and I wish I’d had some when I first started a couple of years ago! It’s so much easier to make it through the tough days when you know a bunch of your friends are going through the same thing and there is no way you’re going to let them, yourself (or your coach) down.
Here are some tips to help you speed up and maximize your results:
- Plan! Know what your next workout is going to be and mark it on your calendar. Whether you’re on day one or week 10, mark it on your calendar!
- Commit! Getting truly fit is not a once- or twice-a-week thing! If you want results, you’ve got to Bring It! 5 to 6 days a week. Fitness isn’t a diet or a fad…it’s a lifestyle.
- Register! You need to be a member of Team Triumph to participate in any FREE Team Triumph Challenge Group. Get your FREE account HERE, log your workouts, and keep track of what you’ve accomplished and what’s ahead.
- Take Measurements and Photos! You need to record where you started to at the end you can see how far you’ve come. Trust me. DO THIS. You’ll thank me later. To learn more about HOW, click HERE.
- Get Plugged In! Of course it’s optional, but I highly recommend you request to join one of our online, private Facebook Challenge Groups…NOTHING beats them for support, tips, encouragement and accountability. Check out the details of our current Challenge HERE.
- Enter to Win! If you do a Beachbody home workout program, drink Shakeology or do The Ultimate Reset, be sure to submit your results to enter the Beachbody Challenge for a chance at winning cash prizes, including the chance to win up to $1,000 if you’re a monthly winner and even $100,000 each for the best male and female transformations of the year! Start by clicking HERE. (No purchase necessary to enter.)
- Write it down! Record your reps and weights. This is VERY important. Every week strive to do more reps (or more weight) than you did the prior week. If you see last week you did 15 push-ups, do everything in your power to hit 16 or more the next time. For Beachbody workouts, go to teambeachbody.com where you can find printable worksheets for whichever program you’re doing.
- Work your abs BEFORE your resistance workout or on cardio days. If you find yourself skipping your ab/core workouts, don’t wait to do them until after your resistance workout. You may be exhausted and have simply lost motivation or run out of time. Let’s face it, most of us need this workout the most. Which leads me to my next tip…
- The workouts you hate the most are the ones you need the most! Learn to love the workouts you hate because these are the ones where you need improvement. Embrace the challenge and conquer these.
- Always always always FOCUS ON YOUR FORM! Pick a weight you can do with proper form. If you’re doing curls and your arching your back to throw the weight up you’re done. Move your ego aside and grab a lighter weight. I promise you will see better results. Time under tension is key to change.
- When your start to feel the burn DON’T STOP! Your brain will tell you to stop but that is the exact point you tell it NO and knock out 3 more reps. As Shawn T says “the work doesn’t start until you’re tired”.
- Get plenty of rest. Sleep at least 6 or 7 hours each night (more is even better if you can manage it). Our bodies recover from our workouts and build muscle while we’re at REST. Also, don’t skip your rest days! They are in every program’s schedule for a reason! You can still be active, but take it easy.
- Stay plugged in! Share you triumphs and your failures. Let people know when your proud of your accomplishments and don’t be afraid to let people know when you’re struggling. Chances are 1/2 the group is going through the same thing and you may just be helping 20 people by posting about your struggles.
- Lastly and you knew it was coming….“Decide. Commit. Succeed.” Everyone is different so don’t worry if someone is knocking out 30 pushups and you’re only doing 15 on your knees. This is YOUR journey so focus on YOU. Just be better than you were yesterday. Your focus should be on improvement, not perfection.
- Nutrition is everything! Eat whole, clean foods including LOTS of veggies, and drink Shakeology as a meal replacement/nutritional supplement every single day.
- Drink lots of water!
- Time your carbs. Eat complex carbs such as an apple, coconut water, etc. approx 1 hour before working out. Post workout, drink a recovery drink like P90X Results & Recovery Formula, Vega Sport, or eat a meal with a 3:1 or 4:1 carbs to protein ratio.
- Use www.myfitnesspal.com, tapandtrack (for iPhone/iPad), or something similar to track everything you eat. Trust me if you are not tracking you are eating more than you think you are and/or the wrong things.
- Eliminate Dairy
- No white bread, white noodles, white sugar or white rice.
- Eliminate sweeteners (real and artificial) and the foods that contain them. Go for healthier, unsweetened foods instead.
- Avoid chips, juice, and alcohol…basically empty calories that will derail your progress.
- ABSOLUTELY NO SODA OR DIET SODA!
- ABSOLUTELY NO CHEATING FOR 90 DAYS! Every “cheat” meal sets your progress back 2-3 days, so do the math. If you want to see results, DON’T CHEAT.
I hope this helps everyone bring it for the next 90 days…and onward. You have a support group of me, your P90X Certified Trainer, and everyone on our team, so take full advantage of it. It is such an awesome thing to watch so many people change their lives together. Lets do this!
To your good health,
Coach Britt Weber